[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Chuck Wolber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 8 01:05:10 EST 2003

> I experience the same thing with my Athlon 1800+... I have to notch it
> down to 640x400 to keep playback from stuttering... at that res cpu is
> always in the ~90% range. I'm using SDR ram, I suspect that may have
> something to do with the discrepency between my performance and other
> peoples. Outa curiosity, is your system running DDR or sdr ram?

I've got an Athlon 2100+ processor with an MSI KT7 266 Pro2 board and a
ChainTek NVIDIA GF4 4600 Ti video card. If I am not mistaken (and it's
been almost a year since I put it together) I have PC2100 RAM in this
thing. I do not notice even so much as a stutter when I'm running MythTV.

-Chuck

--
 Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education			|

"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
			-- Henry Spencer