[mythtv] PVR Hardware database and performance problem diagnosis script

Mark Cooper mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue Jan 7 09:52:25 EST 2003

I've thrown together a PVR Hardware database to help keep track of the
typical PVR system set-up and its performance.

You can find it at http://www.goldfish.org/~mcooper/pvrhw/

I've populated it so far with the specs posted by Isaac Richards, Lonnie
Borntreger, Allen Gilliland, m0j0, Richard Trice, Joe, Chris Stratton,
Tony, Johann Klemmack, and Calvin Harrigan. ( hope you guys don't mind )

Please feel free to add your system set-up :)

I've also created a simple script to grab a bunch of relevant
information from a linux system that would effect your MythTV
performance ( such hdparm, drivers used, software versions etc ). The
idea being that if you have any problems ( jittery video etc etc ), you
can post this information and it should provide all the information
required to help you out :)

The script is called diagrep.sh and can be found at:-

http://www.goldfish.org/~mcooper/pvrhw/diag.html

--

Mark Cooper
http://netmangler.sourceforge.net - Network Management with Attitude