[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 21:48:41 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:50:37PM -0600, John S Flowers wrote:
> As a follow-up to my original question. I asked, "What card supports
> hardware MJPEG?" and someone suggested I look at the MythTV web site.
>
> After checking the web site thoroughly, I find no mention of hardware
> MJPEG support. Perhaps I am missing something or this e-mail (below)
> suggests that hardware MJPEG support isn't available?
>
> I guess I'm just asking the same question (and trying not to be too daft
> about it), "Are there any cards that are known to offload MJPEG from the
> CPU to a Tuner card?"

Anything supported by the mjpeg tools (mjpeg.sf.net) "should" work.  The
only such cards that I know for a fact that people have used with Myth are
the Matrox Marvel G200 and G400 series cards (not G450 or above).  Other
cards that should work would be the Iomega Buz and Pinnicle(sp) DC10 and
maybe DC30.  The Matrox and Iomega cards are out of production but still
widely available.

You might want to check the archives for more discussions on these cards.

--
Ray