[mythtv] Looking for details on myth-rtjpeg codec

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 06:12:55 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:48:29PM -0600, Dave Caplinger wrote:

> I've been playing with the previously posted mplayer patch to try to get
> it to view (and later re-encode) my Myth recordings, but the problem is
> that I don't use MPEG4 for my video, and I don't use MP3 for my audio.
> (My MythBox is slow a Celeron/400 with 33MHz IDE for now!)  I've managed
> to fix the patch so now the uncompressed audio plays fine in mplayer
> (and doesn't crash), so now I'm starting work on the video stream.

Uncompressed audio should work OK; did you try playing only the audio with
mplayer?

> I've seen it said on the list that the changes required to make other
> NuppelVideo-aware tools understand Myth's format would be "pretty
> straightforward," but I'm certainly not seeing it yet -- at the moment I'm
> flailing in the deep end of the pool of codec knowledge. :-)

You already have my mplayer patch; that's probably the best possible example
of the changes that are required in order for a nuppelvideo-aware program to
understand MythTV streams.

--
 - mdz