[mythtv] Hardware configuration

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 5 23:29:04 EST 2003

Hey!

I'm not sure about the specs of the system, but I write just to clarify a
point.. When you do "timeshifting" or even live TV viewing, what you are
essentially doing is recording AND playing back. So, your premise that you
can go with a weaker system because you aren't simultaneously recording and
playing back isn't true at all..

Whether the hardware can handle it or not, I don't know.. just a note on
the fact that you needn't worry about it not recording and playing back at
the same time, because it *is* under the circumstances you mention (live TV
or timeshifting).

tarek : )