[mythtv] New Problem when using remote

Cedar McKay mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 4 23:01:27 EST 2003

holy moly, I was in the middle of drafting a similar plea for help too!
Is this coincidence? My problem cropped up yesterday too.  I was about
to send the list a very similar plea (see below). But the fact that Rob
had the exact same problem on the same day got me and my friend to
thinking. I set back my clock to December 31st and holy crap, it works
again! Sadly I have no skills, but hopefully this will get someone who
knows more than I onto the right track to fixing this problem. My guess
is this isn't mythtv, but rather a lirc/irxevent issue, but really I
have no idea.

Cedar

here is the message I was drafting before rob wrote:
I don't expect anyone to be able to help me, but desperation does funny
things. I have a RH8 system, and cvs from about 5 days ago. Everything
was great for about 4 days (mythtv running constantly) and then
suddenly when switching from live tv (using a remote), or a recording
the frontend was not the front window (any terminal windows behind
would now be on top), so lirc commands wouldn't work. If I click the
frontend with a mouse it works again. The frustrating thing is that
this was working great for days, then I did nothing, (not even quitting
out of mythtv) and suddenly it stopped working.

What I've tried:
reboot
different user
kde and gnome
new cvs

I sort of suspect a lirc problem because if I hit the remote button
mapped to the Esc key I see the problem, but If I hit the escape key on
the keyboard I don't see the problem. Here is the lirc key map I use (I
obviously use my "Record" button as my escape key):

begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = Record
     config = Key Escape CurrentWindow