[mythtv] Close captioning program

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 23:59:30 EST 2003

>> > VBI decoder -- There seem to be a few decoders floating around.
>> > Any opinions on what's the best one to start with?

>> I believe that's what was just posted to the list.

r> It is.  I looked at libzvbi, but according to the zapping ML it
r> doesn't do straight ascii, and the recommendation was to look at the
r> ntsc-cc code from XAWTV, which I did, and that's what I posted.

        Yes, I only asked because the AleVT/libzvbi code base seemed
to be more complete as far as extracting other VBI data, while
ntsc-cc/ccdecoder is hardwired for NTSC CC/XDS.  As you said, libzvbi
by itself doesn't seem to decode CC data down to ASCII string-level.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net