[mythtv] Re:Dev environment

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 16:15:42 EST 2003

> Thanks!  I'll give that a try, or even compiling the kernel with the
> 'PCI access' set to BIOS instead of ANY...   Though your note is a
> little disconcerting Jim, as I tried both 2.4.20 and 2.5.53, but maybe
> the fixes there don't reflect the newer SK41G and maybe it sill requires
> the kernel option on boot.  Either way, thanks!

This is odd indeed.  I am working with an SK41G, and have not exhibited
any oddities that you discussed.  I have learned the following:

If you unplug the mouse from the back of the machine, Linux will not boot,
whether it's a setup CD, or an installed system.  But I'm wondering if
this boot parameter will help that issue.

The onboard video is a Savage8 chip.  Currently, there is some conflict
with that S3 chip, and the WinTV-Go cards.  It will not display any video
in Xwindows when using the Savage linux driver.

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me