[mythtv] Hello

James D. Bearden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 21:00:11 EST 2003

Hello all,

I am in the process of installing MythTV 0.7 on Mandrake 8.2 using a Matrox
G200 TV for the video card. So far so good, last night I managed to compile
before going to bed. Tonight I might even get to run it! ;-)

Anyway, my first question: The webpage mentions support for using MJPEG
tools for compression and playback, but I can't find anything in the
documentation on how to do it. settings.txt references rtjpeg and mpeg, so
should I use mjpeg?

Second question: When running mythfilldatabase I get a whole bunch of
interesting messages about channel icons. I dug up some channel icons and
updated the channel table to point to them. Is that what I am supposed to
do?

Final question: I got twitchy during the channel config and left off a
channel or four. Is all I have to do is insert a row into the channel table?

 ---
James D. Bearden
james@nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)