[mythtv] Dual Monitors

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 11:26:11 EST 2003

Chuck Wolber wrote:
> So far I can see only one problem that isn't addressed anywhere else (that
> I could find). I've got the typical dual monitor setup (GF4 4600Ti) and
> the TV output is spread over both screens and is rather distorted looking.

That would be true for version 0.7. There is support for
selecting one Xinerama screen already in CVS so this will
be supported in 0.8.

> Please correct me if I am wrong here, but this leads me to believe that
> MythTV is designed more as an appliance application rather than something
> that runs in a window on one's desktop.  Is there any way to get the TV
> and front end portions to run in a "window" such that it can be resized.
> minimized, moved etc etc?

Generally, yes. It seems so far to be designed to work
well for an appliance and we accept it stuck in the upper
left corner for the desktop ;-). I too would like to see
a desktop mode with the GUI and picture in a decorated,
resizable window someday. However, this isn't a high
priority compared to other work going on right now.

For now, "f" will toggle the fullscreen mode of the TV
picture but resizing isn't supported yet.

--  bjm