[mythtv] xmltv and tv_grab_nz?

Drew Whittle mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 1 17:41:42 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 19:50, Greig McGill wrote:
> Hi from a newbie to MythTV.
>
> I've installed mythtv and xmltv, with the tv_grab_nz grabber.
> MythTV does not seem to support this?  No problem, I thought, as it has
> a --file option for mythfilldatabase.  Erm...no.  This just complains
> that tv_grab_nz is not supported - I *know*, that's what i thought the
> --file option was for??
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

I have my own version of tv_grab_nz which is written in perl instead of
python and it works perfectly with mythfilldatabase using the --file
option.

The "official" tv_grab_nz does not include a stop time which from memory
is a problem for mythfilldatabase.

Once I have finished adding Sky channel listings to my grabber I will be
attempting to get it included in the xmltv distribution.

:D