[mythtv] Another newbie/hardware question...

Ivor Hewitt mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 1 12:23:23 EST 2003

Jon,
I've just got myth up and running at the moment using a standard WinTV
card capturing output from an OnDigital box, but the image quality isn't
good enough to watch on a big screen.
Therefore at the moment I'm thinking of getting one of those Nova-t
cards to play with, I've seen comments that it works on linux using the
dvb.o module...
I'm curious whether using one of these cards it is be possible to use
the mpeg stream directly from the card without re-encoding it...  does
anyone have any experience or comments on doing this?
Ivor.