[mythtv] Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability

Dave Madsen madsend at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 26 10:33:30 EST 2003

The .nuv extension means the file is a NuppelVideo file.  It does use the
Mpeg4 codec do encode it, but it stores it multiplexed with the audio in the
NuppelVideo file format, similar to an AVI if you know aobut how they work.
You can use multiple codecs for the different audio and video, but they are
all saved in the same file.  You can search the archives for a patch that
allows the .nuv files to be played with mplayer.  This will also allow you
to use mencoder which can transcode the file into a different file format.
Read the documentation for mplayer and you should be able to figure it out,
if you still need help after that, let me know.

Dave Madsen