[mythtv] Problem with swedish characters

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Feb 25 21:08:05 EST 2003


> But after that i tried to delete one of the recordings, the 
> file seems to have been removed and it disaperd from the 
> delete recording screen at first, but if i go back to the 
> main menu and the reopen the delete recording screen it is 
> still there but with a filesize of 0 and the text "Error: 
> File" at the botom.
> 
> No matter how i try to delete it, it is still there, so i 
> think there is some utf8 problems in the delete recording screen too.
> 

I have found the problem, the sql DELETE statement didn't use utf8, i have
attached a one line patch that fixes it.

It looks like atleast mozilla ignores the charset specified in the html file
and instead only uses the charset specified in the http header, so if i add
this line at the begining of main.php:

header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8");

and then the program names is displayed corectly from mythweb
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: utf8_delete.patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1301 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /pipermail/attachments/20030225/1f5988da/utf8_delete.obj


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list