[mythtv] RFC: Adding i18n (internationalization) to mythtv

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sun Feb 23 10:46:36 EST 2003

I have just added i18n support to my local mythvideo copy (qt is great), but
before continuing the work and submitting the patch, I'd like to know your
thought, expecially the Isaac one, because I don't like to submit
unacceptable patch :)

About translation file, is /usr/local/share/mythtv/i18n a good place to
place the *.qm file? the path will be hardcoded in the program source.

About locale selection, my debian install report "C" as the current locale,
so it is important to allow the user to choose his locale, but how?
mythvideo still uses the "oldsettings" to read configuration parameter from
mythexplorer..., other modules read them from database, considering that the
locale selection will be common to all modules, will be better a new row in
settings table or a "per module" solution?

Leandro