[mythtv] Correct way to write out to the settings table?

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Sun Feb 23 03:11:07 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 02:19, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Did you try the AppearanceSettings.save() after calling
> gContext->SetSetting()?  I believe that should do what you want.

More info:

I'm doing the following:

     gContext->SetSetting("Theme", themename);
     cout << gContext->GetSetting("Theme", "black") << endl;
     AppearanceSettings as;
     as.save(db);
     cout << gContext->GetSetting("Theme", "black") << endl;

Now at the first cout I get the current theme thats in the DB, in this
case funhouse, but the second cout gives me "blue" (the default I
believe) and which is now what is stored in the db and my randomtheme
entry in the db has been turned off. (which is also the default setting)

:D
--
Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz>