Fwd: Re: [mythtv] sql code

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Feb 20 13:58:36 EST 2003

Since I didn't notice he had replied to me _and_ to the list...

Subject: Re: [mythtv] sql code
Date: Thursday 20 February 2003 01:47 pm
From: Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
To: dert at pobox.com

On Thursday 20 February 2003 01:35 pm, you wrote:
> #if Isaac Richards /* Feb 20, 13:26 */
>
> > I don't want any table creation/deletion going on in the program.  I do
> > not want to deal with multiple upgrade paths at this point in
> > development.
>
> Fair enough.  How do you handle incremental changes to the database schema?

Check out the UPGRADING files.

> > This is my biggest pet peeve of people that submit patches.  It's not
> > _that_ difficult to mimic an existing indentation style, yet most people
> > just ignore what's there already.
>
> No, I copied it, but it's not mine.  So rather than mistakenly submit a
> patch that pisses off other developers, I'd like to automate away such
> issues to our mutual benefit.  You wouldn't have such a problem with
> this if you supplied some sort of document (ideally indent.pro) that
> defines the style you desire.

You didn't copy the existing indentation style in the file you edited.

> It happens every time I start/stop mythmusic, and the playlist editing
> happens several times more frequently than that.  I'm trying to improve
> the speed of the interface, since I find it's currently rather sluggish.
>
> Under what circumstances will you accept patches to improve efficiency?

When they actually improve efficiency enough to warrrant any additional
obfusication of the code.  Speeding up something that happens once per
execution and already doesn't take that long doesn't seem worth it.

Isaac