[mythtv] sql code

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Thu Feb 20 13:32:36 EST 2003

On Thursday 20 February 2003 01:04 pm, Andy Davidoff wrote:

> I think we probably want default playlists per front-end.  If you agree,
> then the quickest way to implement this is to pick a setting variable in
> which to store the playlistid.  It'll default to 1 for hostname = NULL and
> your UI can update the setting entry for the front-end host when it wants
> to change the default for that node.

	This make sense to me ... short line of code to ask for it and default to 1
if NULL.

	I'm just going over your metadata patches of last night/this morning. Baring
any OOPS's, I'll have it commited shortly.

> If you've already made playlist objects, send them to me and I'll patch
> them to do incremental saves.  This will let us update the playlist in
> real-time as it's changed by the user, which means we don't need to save
> the playlist at shutdown and the cost of updates becomes O(n) versus
> O(n)+length(list).

	I'm still working off the fillList() (databasebox.h) method with some minor
modifications. Give me a few hours to clean up what I've got and I'll
send/post a patch.

- thor