[mythtv] my old problem again: mythfilldatabase ;-)

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Thu Feb 20 09:50:33 EST 2003

At 19-2-03 19:56, Daniel Paessler wrote:
> correctly.
> > I presume you are seeing
> >    <channel id="RTL 2">
> > in your file and not
> >    <channel="RTL 2">
> > as you describe above?
> > mythfilldatabase uses the first word as the ID, the second will become
> the tag.
> >
>it's channel and not channel id, believe me ;-)
>here's a short part...
>   <programme start="200302140110 +0100" stop="200302140140 +0100"
> channel="HESSEN">

Ah, misunderstanding. You wrote "channel information" in your original
mail, but this is the channel tag from the "program information".
I should have realized as you used --xawchannels to import your channels,
so the channel information probably wouldn't be in your XMLTV file.

My answer remains valid: modify your grabber, and rename your channels in
xawtv. That is the easiest way and most resistant to possible future
changes in MythTV.

Erik