[mythtv] Test (crude) patch for commercial skipping

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Feb 18 11:10:40 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:52:30 -0500
"JC" <johnmythtv at crombe.com> wrote:

You might try looking for the marker for commercials.  Last year I was
experimenting with bttv & vcr, having hacked bttv to support 720x486 for ntsc
and I recorded the inband marker signal that commerials use.  In the bottom
right corner you get a white/black block of 4 pixels based on in-show or
in-commercial.  So just by detecting the pixel block you should be able
to skip commericals.  This block is not visible at 640x480 (big surprise).
I haven't played with it since then, since I haven't re-hacked bttv and vcr
since then.

[snip]

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)