[mythtv] Re:Problem changing channels .. (solution & suggestion)

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Tue Feb 18 16:12:23 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:58, James Sleeman wrote:

> >So does tv_grab_nz break often? I'm supposed to be moving to NZ later this
> >year but no MythTV would flyify the ointment.

The official tv_grab_nz has never worked for Myth, no stop times. It has
broken a few times in the couple of months that it has been available.
(Mainly due to the source he was scraping from, he's changed to the
source I am using and it's been fine since)

It's also written in Python instead of Perl.

I have my own version in Perl that works fine and hasn't broken since I
got it running. There are still a couple of things I need to fix in it,
but it does work fine.

> Anyway, don't let that stop you moving to NZ, a better place you could
> not find, course I might be biased a little bit :-)  Where abouts in the
> country are you heading to ?

I'll second that, particularly if you stay away from the Nth Island <g>

:D