[mythtv] Development languages?

Anil Gupte anilgupte at maxnetwork.com
Tue Feb 11 23:35:10 EST 2003

Really a newbie question.  What language(s) are being used for MythTV
development?  I am comfortable around Linux as a Sysadmin, but have major
gaps in my knowledge - among them programming in Linux.

So, what languages should I learn to start dabbling in this stuff?  I am
very comfortable with Lisp and Basic (MS DOS and also VB), and learned a
little C before ++ came on the scene (am I dating myself?).  Also, any
suggestions on books in the recommended languages will be appreciated.

Thanx,
Anil Gupte