[mythtv] Audio trouble with ATI wonder VE (out of free audio buffers)

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Sun Feb 9 16:38:41 EST 2003

I am running latest cvs (02--8-03) on an Epia 933 board.  mythbackend
starts fine but starting mythtv launches the tv with no sound.  the
konsole displays:

"ran out of free AUDIO buffers : - ( "

this repeats over and over.  Anyone have any ideas?  I am using an ATI
wonder VE tuner card that works fine on an identical install on another
system.  I plugged in the ati card to my other machine and sound works
fine.

One thing I noticed, in /etc/modules.conf.  The machine with audio
trouble has:

*** update-modules:  start processing /etc/modutils/alsa-modules-2.4.19
post-install snd insmod snd-mixer-oss
post-install snd-pcm insmod snd-pcm-oss
post-install snd-seq insmod snd-seq-oss

The machine with the working configuration has this in modules.conf:

*** update-modules:  start processing /etc/modutils/alsa-modules-2.4.20
post-install snd insmod snd-mixer-oss
post-install snd-pcm insmod snd-pcm-oss
post-install snd-seq insmod snd-seq-oss

the two machines have the same OS installed.

Does this mean that one has a newer install of Alsa?  or is one with a
newer kernel?
--
Merle Reine <merle.reine at lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification