[mythtv] Potential Set-up

Dave Ball daveb at ball-home.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 22:31:10 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 07:40, Chris Lack wrote:
> My maxtors have been great.  My IBM on the other hand is obnoxiously loud and
> the power connector pins were poorly soldered onto the PCB, causing one to
> break loose under light stress.  I now can put hard drive repairman on my
> resume thanks to IBM.

I've had bad experiances with IBM (4/5 drives failed - all from the same
batch) & WD (years ago - i won't buy them any more, i don't think i have
any WD drives still working)  Good experiances with seagate - IDE &
SCSI, some 10k drives all still working fine after 2/3/4 years.

Just got my first Maxtor in a long time . . . so i hope i'm lucky - i
really don't want to loose all that data, but backups for 100G of non
critical data is a PITA . .

--
Dave Ball <daveb at ball-home.co.uk>