[mythtv] XBox (or PS2) - MythTV

Michael Stearne mythtv_list at entermix.com
Wed Feb 5 16:01:29 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:56, Mubashir Cheema wrote:
> I can download a free Linux distribution from xbox-linux.sf.net.
> Is there such a thing for Sony Playstation?

I would assume so.  Doesn't the GPL say that Sony has to release the
distibution?  A lot of what you are paying for in the $200 is hardware,
NIC, Hard drive, keyboard, mouse.  So the only thing that Xbox doesn't
need is a NIC.  But a PS does have Firewire which offers a lot more
options than no PCI and 1 hard drive bay.  Plus, the added cost of a mod
chip. Either way, Sony acknowlegdes Linux and is friendly to it.
Microsoft, not so much.

Michael