[mythtv] Hardware requirements confusion

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Tue Feb 4 14:10:26 EST 2003

The C3 has really bad floating point which makes the diffenece here.  I
have read somewhere that some benchmarks put the C3 at around a Pent.
166 in Floating point.  Someone on the list apears to have been able to
make one of those C3 it into a front end but it took alot of time and
work to get the drivers setup and working right.  According to the list
someone is able to make a k6-2 450 work under 352x240 if I am rembering
right.  Some something like a PII/athlon 800 would be fine as a player
or encoder and would most likely work for 352x240 for playing and
recording at the same time aka Live TV..

Robert Middleswarth
robert at middleswarth.net