[mythtv] Audio problem with 0.7

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Feb 4 12:22:39 EST 2003

> I had a thought about what could cause this [quite literally, it came to
> me in a dream :-) ]; I'm thinking the audio is being recorded as mono

Oh man....  troubleshooting in your sleep?  I've been there man.  It's
waking up the next morning for work that hurts.

> I've got a bt878 on /dev/video0 and /dev/dsp1 for input, and
> a soundblaster on /dev/dsp0 for output.  I've got ALSA 0.9.0rc3.

Try to record only & then watch the recording.  If it's playing fine, then
it could be a duplexing issue, or a CPU issue.  Try running top while
doing livetv.

> Also, how does one check out the CVS tree?  I didn't see the location of
> the repository on mythtv.org (but I could have just missed it).

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-1.html

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me