[mythtv] Add-on ideas?

Peter Marriott peter at bms.net.au
Tue Feb 4 14:32:32 EST 2003

I have been trying to think of some good ideas for add-ons/modules.  The one
that I would like to do would be a Motion Detection Module.  I have a simple
cheap security camera hooked up to look at my front door.  I would like a
module for MythTV that could us it.  I see two scenarios that would be
useful.

1) If I am watching MythTV, have my second capture card monitoring my
camera, and warning me if someone comes to the front door.  With the ability
to quickly show what's happening. (I could ignore the doorbell, if it wasn't
someone I knew)

2) Whilst not watching/taping, having mythtv notifying me/logging/recording
and motion at my front door.  This method would also work fine for people
who only have one capture card.

Does anyone else think this would be worthwhile?  If so I may start doing
some research and coding.

Cheers
Peter