[mythtv] backend plus frontend

Douglas Pace Douglas.Pace at NAU.EDU
Mon Feb 3 15:38:22 EST 2003

Sorry, I was incorrect. mythfrontend doesn't, but it seems that
mythbackend does. While trying to solve my problem of the connection
timing out, I finally modified backend_settings.txt on the machine the
backend was running on, and everything worked. mythbackend appears to be
using this file to create the URL it sends to the frontend, correct? In
any case, I know I didn't think of modifying this file, and modifying it
seemed to fix my problem. I believe it actually tells you to do this in
the CVS docs, but what would be the fun of reading documentation before
you fix the problem. =)

BTW Issac, thanks for a great product.

Doug