[mythtv] backend plus frontend

Greg.Froese at Federated.CA Greg.Froese at Federated.CA
Mon Feb 3 08:03:18 EST 2003

Ken,

I'm not totally there myself.  I can get mythtv to startup fine on the
frontend, while the backend is running on a different machine across my
LAN.  I select TV and I can schedule a recording using the guide with no
trouble.  however, if i try to watch a recorded show, I get the screen
displaying all my shows and the first one is highlighted with all the
details at the bottom, however, that is where mythfrontend hangs.

An error appears on the console in the backend saying something like:
unknown command: QM<something, can't remember>_CHECKFILE

obviously not sure what the error is, but something to that effect.
any one else having these problems?

any one successfully running myth across the network with some advise?
gf

Ken VanDine <ken at bizrace.com>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-bounces at snowman.net
02/02/2003 11:11 PM