[mythtv] Beginner's questions...

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Sat Feb 1 23:13:26 EST 2003

Replying to my own email in case it's useful to someone else...

Quoting James Fidell (james at cloud9.co.uk):

> ALSA didn't work when I installed it.  Once all the kernel modules are
> loaded, aplay hangs writing to one of the /dev/asound devices.  I've
> not looked at this any further because it was easier to go back to OSS
> temporarily, but if it sounds familiar I'd appreciate advice on resolving
> the problem.

I found RPMS for all the ALSA modules on psyche.freshrpms.net (together
with flac, lirc and lame).  I installed those and audio now appears to
work without a hitch (as tested using aplay and xawtv) using the
modules.conf I'd originally created, so I assume this must be some sort
of build issue.

James