[mythtv] External device channel-switching

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sat Feb 1 16:41:12 EST 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:23:46PM -0500, Jonathan Oexner wrote:

>     I'm looking into writing a patch as suggested in the FAQ for
> changing the channel on external tuners via a shell script.  Any pointers?
> -Jon
> P.S.: Bear with me.  I'm a Java programmer in "real life".  ;)

The things listed in that message, linked from the FAQ, are already done.
In the 0.7 release, there is a global ExternalChannelCommand or some such in
the configuration file, which will be run whenever the channel needs to be
changed on a non-tuner input.

In the CVS version, in the setup program under 'Input Connections', you can
configure a separate command for each input.

I'm updating the FAQ now.

--
 - mdz