[mythtv] [Committed] Option to always use full screen for TV

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Dec 26 21:44:25 EST 2003

Hi,

Bruce Markey wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> > I would have preferred a separate x/y/width/height setting
> > for the video window, instead of just locking it to fullscreen.
>
> That would be more flexible and I don't think there's anything
> that would prevent someone from adding configurable parameters
> rather than using the fullscreen geometry if they needed to
> do this.
>
> I liked this because it solves an immediate problem I was
> having and several other people mentioned that this would be
> useful for their systems. This is an option so by default it
> should have no effect on anyone who does not choose to use it.
> Has anyone expressed a situation where it would be useful to
> have the video size be something different than the GUI size
> but not the same as fullscreen?

Thanks alot for committing this Bruce, as this was a problem of mine
also, now, finally I can turn on overscan on my viaslice output, and yet
downsize the gui, and have fullscreen tv, instead of black borders at
two edges.

Although I have to agree with Isaac on his point with beeing able to
specify the dimesions and position of the video output window.

Kenneth