[mythtv] DVB - jitter / sound sync / blocky picture problems

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 26 15:39:55 EST 2003

Hi All,

I have some questions which are specific to DVB.

I am Currently running a 1.8 Ghz backend with a Nebula DVB card in it.

My frontend is a Nehemiah based EPIA M using MiniMyth (www.linpvr.org).

I am having problems with the picture stuttering and the audio seems to
be a little out of sync with the picture. Has anyone had any problems
like this ?

When I look at the loading of the frontend PC it seems to be only using
about 16% of the CPU. I have got the HWMPEG decoder running.

Judging from the Recording profiles for LIVE TV i should be encoding at
480x480 using RTjpeg. I'm not sure if these actually have any bearing on
the DVB cards tho, as I can see..

Input #0,mpeg, from 'rbuf://192.168.0.2:6543/video/ringbuff1/nuv':
Stream #0.0: Video: mpegvideo_via, 784x576, 25.00 fps, 4000kb/s
Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 40000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s

in the X11 log.

Could my problems be caused by the mpeg stream containing too much data
for the MPEG decoder to cope with? Does anyone know if its possible to adjust
the input from a DVB card ?

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

Darren