[mythtv] Help on changing mythsetup

Curtis Wood curtis at penguinbrat.com
Sun Dec 21 22:01:07 EST 2003

   I haven't tried the dct-channel app - it doesnt apply to me. On the
setenv, that was just a quick hack to test things out - I wasnt going to
submit it, but Baker wanted the patch.
   From what I could tell, there really isnt any where else to put the
wait logic unless we/you just call another routine in between the
nvr->rest() and nvr->unpause(). Since the reset takes a second to
complete, I dont see why the external channel changing couldnt be
performed at the same time - but the catch is to wait untill the channel
has been changed before starting to record anything more (unpausing).
   On just keeping it an external app, thats of course your call - I was
just trying to smooth things out, the external channel changing is
sloppy (visually) and it's a drain on performance having video after
unpausing, then nothing for a second, then video again. It may be on the
type of setup also, I dont know (pvr250,p4 2.4,backend==frontend) - its
just that the current way to change channels with an external app in the
background, just isnt doing a good enough job.

Curtis