[mythtv] Weird avcodec compile problem

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Dec 19 22:41:21 EST 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:47:34 +0100, "Kenneth Aafløy" said:
> It is because the compiler has not loaded the mmx instruction set,
> unless I'm wrong, which is 99% of the time, have you tried a -march=xxx
> flag?

Yep.  I've tried everything I see in the gcc man page.
-march=i686, -mmmx, -msse, -mfpmath=sse

the gcc man page also says:
      -O
       -O1 Optimize.  Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time,
       and a lot more memory
           for a large function.

           With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution
           time, without per-
           forming any optimizations that take a great deal of
           compilation time.

           -O turns on the following optimization flags: -fdefer-pop
           -fmerge-constants
           -fthread-jumps -floop-optimize -fcrossjumping -fif-conversion
           -fif-conversion2
           -fdelayed-branch -fguess-branch-probability -fcprop-registers

           -O also turns on -fomit-frame-pointer on machines where doing
           so does not inter-
           fere with debugging.

but manually enabling those options (-fcprop-registers doesn't seem to
work), doesn't help either.
I'm at a loss as to what else I can do.

.Geoff