[mythtv] Preview release 1 of the new theme G.A.N.T.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Dec 10 16:26:24 EST 2003

Oscar Carlsson wrote:
> Doesn't  seem like anyone tried this, but if you do, you need to change lines 30
> and 31 in theme.xml from:
>
>     <normal>text-blank-smoke.png</normal>
>     <active>text-blank-smoke.png</active>
>
>     into
>
>     <normal>text-blank.png</normal>
>     <active>text-blank.png</active>
>
> just me testin stuff, forgot to change it

I did but I copied the file rather than changing the .xml .
I'm not sure that I like the orange highlight or the new
fonts for the menu. I actually prefer the earlier look.
The other things I've modified in my own copy is that the
watermarks seem pressed against the right edge. I changed
the position from 540 to 520 which looks more comfortable
to my eye. Also, on the Recording Priorities page the font
for the total priority calculation is almost identical to
the background. I changes grayinfo from 777777 to cccccc.

Other than that, I've been using this by default since the
day you made it available. I really like the graphics. The
Fix Scheduling watermark is epically intriguing. This theme
has a very different look than the others and is probably
the best mix of eye candy plus functionally easy to see,
read and use.

I like it, Thanks for doing this, Oscar.

--  bjm

PS since you're the only one whose ventured the recorded
status icons, have you considered making new icons for the
blue theme?