[mythtv] Experimental pvr 350 output patch

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Dec 10 02:26:46 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 05:45, David Engel wrote:

Hi David,

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:40:30PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> > Here is the latest version.  The major changes in this version are as
> > follows.

didn't you forget something? The attachment for example :-) ?

> Another day, another version.  The major changes in this version are
> as follows.

Tested the last one last night. Most of this will be known to you, but
maybe you'll like a report.

Seems stable. Only time it did hang was after the second compile was
through and installed a new version over the running one (this kills
mythbackend reliably and sometimes mythfrontend follows), but this
definitely wasn't your fault ;-)

Pixelation after skip and the occasional audio blip are a bit worse than
the last version. (The audio blip is severe when heard via digital out
and dolby digital amp)

FFw update is lost, but you already announced that one.

The time "estimation" seems not to have improved though, still off by
approx 15mins/hour.

> Handles EOF so the player doesn't appear to hang at the end of a
> recording.

That's nice :-)

> Update framesPlayed to the correct, current value when pausing.

Should affect the time "estimation"?

> Changed the mpeg data bufferring to allow for partial writes to the
> pvr.  Need for the next change.
>
> Laid the frame work for skipping around and updating the video while
> paused (needed for editmode).  Unfortunately, I had to disable this
> code because it doesn't work yet.  It might not even be possible until
> the ivtv driver supports non-blocking writes to the pvr.  Suggestions
> are welcome.

Sorry, cant help here.

Torsten
--