[mythtv] Prebuffering pause (again)

bdillahu at peachbush.com bdillahu at peachbush.com
Tue Dec 9 13:00:31 EST 2003

Just some added "data points" if it helps somebody... (I'm understanding
this prebuffer to be a cause of the channel change speed arguments)...

I had a Win2000XP card hooked up... worked fine... fast (1 sec. or less
channel changes).

I changed out to (2) Avermedia M179 cards (recent Ebay round)... work
pretty well (couple of driver things, but once you get them going, great)...
Since these are now MPEG2 I activated XvMC... now channel change speed is
4+ seconds... I hadn't thought about the XvMC change at the same time... I
may test on that and try to see if its a factor of MPEG2 or XvMC.

Could something in this be why some people see the slow change problem and
others don't?

Bruce