[mythtv] Issue with new jumppoints (& keybindings?)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at gorpe.com
Mon Dec 8 21:19:22 EST 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>(1) disallow using valid text-editing keys as jumppoint bindings or
>other keybindings (includes all alphanumerics, cursor keys, PgUp/Dn,
>Home/End, Insert/Delete, Backspace, etc...)
>
>I don't like this option at all; basically I wouldn't even consider
>it... I don't know why I bothered to mention it :-)

Personaly I prefer that method.  It's the only way to give consistant
behavior.  "Why doesn't MythTV swtich to the DVD player when I hit the
DVD button on my remote?" "Because you happened to have the focus on the
wrong type of control.  What you SHOULD have done was hit down, down,
DVD to go to the DVD player!".  If all jump buttons are forced to be
either function keys or keys qualified via ALT or CTRL you get clean
consistant behavior across the board.  But then, I'm looking at
controlling MythTV by remote 99.99% of the time.  For those oddball
times I need to enter text I'll use an on-screen keyboard.