[mythtv] Next release // website stuff?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 10:50:41 EST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 11:27, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2003 17:38, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > Isaac Richards wrote:

> > > Sounds reasonable to me.
> >
> > Second that =). I'd like to test this on every spinbox to
> > make sure some other odd case isn't overlooked just before
> > a release.
> >
> > One suggestion. On the Default behavior, maybe Prior/Next
> > should be stepsize also. That way, if the user uses them out
> > of habit, they still work even though they do the same thing
> > as the Left/Right keys.
>
> Good idea... I'm compiling it now.  If the new flag (sstep) is true,
> I'm also setting the lineStep size to 10 in the constructor... no
> sense in having PgUp/Down and Left/Right both only go by one.  Any
> existing code that sets the lineStep to an explicit value (including
> 1) should still work properly.
>
> -JAC

Okay, here's a new version of the patch... sorry I left it over the
weekend.  The new constructor, with no extra arguments, keeps the
current default behavior, though the PgUp/PgDn keys are added &
duplicate the Left/Right functionality.  If the constructor is called
with an extra flag = true, then the new behavior is enabled, where
Left/Right = step by one and PgUp/Dn = set by <stepsize>.  If stepsize
is not specified (i.e., stepSize() == 1, which is the default), then
PgUp/Dn will jump by 10.

This patch has the new behavior enabled on the 'start minute' and
'duration' spinboxes in the Manual Schedule screen.

Assuming there are no problems with this, it can be committed.  The only
enhancement I have planned is to extend this behavior to work with the
SpinBoxSetting class (SpinBoxSetting needs to expose the flag in its
constructor).  Maybe I'll get to this today...

-JAC