[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Mon Dec 8 05:11:29 EST 2003

<snip>

CP> <offtopic>
CP> I might get sidetracked before then though for a little while.  Yesterday
CP> I thought up the idea of having an attribute/column called something like
CP> "Recording Group".  There would be a Default group and maybe an Auto-Expire
CP> group eventually, but the user could create their own groups as well and
CP> even password protect a group.  When you setup a scheduled recording, you
CP> could specify a Recording Group on the Advanced Recording Options screen.
CP> So I could throw all my home improvement type shows into a "Home Improvement"
CP> group, movies into "Movies", my wife's TLC shows into Auto-Expire, etc..

CP> On the playbackbox screen, you would be able to toggle which group was
CP> currently being viewed or you could view ALL (provided no groups had
CP> passwords).  Maybe even allow locking a frontend into only viewing a
CP> particular group so someone could have a frontend that could only view
CP> the kids programs, etc..

CP> Basically talking about adding a "recordinggroups" table with a groupname
CP> and groupid.  Then add a groupid to record and recorded.  Then a way to
CP> toggle what group was being viewed on the playbackbox screen and a way to
CP> move a recording to another group from playbackbox as well.

CP> This might handle the people looking for an "archived" flag or something
CP> like that as well.

CP> Could even allow a setting that says "use category field from program table as
CP> group name".
CP> </offtopic>

Great idea. Another idea I had was the ability to mark _who_ scheduled something
for  recording.  This  way  it  would  say something like "Oscar wants to record
Simpsons  on  TV3.  Please  choose  what  to  do:..." Could also apply different
priorities to different family members recordings ;)

But I guess your idea could be used this way as well, just depends what you name
the groups.

--
Best regards,
 Oscar                            mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se