[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 7 16:47:25 EST 2003

> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 12:59:59PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > I also added a check so that the episode button is only
> > included if both the subtitle and description are not null.
>
> Good idea.  We'll have to remember to update, though, when Chris makes
> the duplicate episode detection configurable.

Ahhh, so people are waiting on ME to do it... :)  I'll get to it.  I just
made a note in my TODO list about checking this screen as well when I get
around to changing the other stuff.

<offtopic>
I might get sidetracked before then though for a little while.  Yesterday
I thought up the idea of having an attribute/column called something like
"Recording Group".  There would be a Default group and maybe an Auto-Expire
group eventually, but the user could create their own groups as well and
even password protect a group.  When you setup a scheduled recording, you
could specify a Recording Group on the Advanced Recording Options screen.
So I could throw all my home improvement type shows into a "Home Improvement"
group, movies into "Movies", my wife's TLC shows into Auto-Expire, etc..

On the playbackbox screen, you would be able to toggle which group was
currently being viewed or you could view ALL (provided no groups had
passwords).  Maybe even allow locking a frontend into only viewing a
particular group so someone could have a frontend that could only view
the kids programs, etc..

Basically talking about adding a "recordinggroups" table with a groupname
and groupid.  Then add a groupid to record and recorded.  Then a way to
toggle what group was being viewed on the playbackbox screen and a way to
move a recording to another group from playbackbox as well.

This might handle the people looking for an "archived" flag or something
like that as well.

Could even allow a setting that says "use category field from program table as
group name".
</offtopic>

--

Chris