[mythtv] archiving to dvd

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Fri Dec 5 00:27:28 EST 2003

I've been burning myth recordings to DVD for awhile now in their
existing format.

I have just been replacing the file with a symbolic link to its location
when mounted.  Works great and allows you to keep the commercial cut
list, bookmarks and all the other information without any need to
transcode.

However, the recordings list is getting cluttered.

What I was thinking of was to add a field to indicate the recording has
been archived to exclude it from the list and somehow toggling the field
when the disk is loaded.

Is anyone else doing something similar already?

Thanks,
Brent Hills.