[mythtv] Next release // website stuff?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Dec 4 13:42:41 EST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 01:09 pm, David Engel wrote:
> Isaac, I believe there are a couple of problems with the new
> keybinding changes.
>
> First, in MythMainWindow::TranslateKeyPress(), you add the global
> actions to the returned action list before the context specific
> actions.  Won't this make it impossible to override a global mapping
> in a specific context?

I can't think of a case where you'd want to completely override a global
mapping that's not handled already.

> Second, after you translate a key to a list of actions, you loop
> through all of the actions.  Shouldn't you stop looping if an action
> is handled?  Not doing so can result in multiple actions being handled
> for a single key.

Need to loop -- for instance, video playing uses the arrows as arrows and as
channel change / seek keys.  Probably should stop (and it does some places),
but I don't think it'll be much of an issue aside from some corner cases,
really, which I can fix as they come up.

Isaac