[mythtv] Real interlacing?

Ben Levitt levittben at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 13:41:28 EST 2003

For those of us using vga outputs...

Would it be possible to do real interlacing?  The
capture cards give us interlaced video.  So I'm
thinking that we should be able to take turns updating
the even and the odd lines at 59.94 times per second
for NTSC, 50/sec for PAL to give pretty realistic
interlacing.

Does this sound like something that would work well?
Would the disparity between monitor and signal refresh
rates become an even bigger problem?  We'd have to
figure out what to do when pausing, since it would
look interlaced unless we were sneaky and deinterlaced
pause frames...

Ben