[mythtv] mythmusic crashing

Mark Edwards mark at edwards.homelinux.net
Sun Aug 31 10:12:12 EDT 2003

daniel,

mythmusic needs to be compiled with the -g option.. this can be turned on by
using the DEBUG settings in the .pro files. Change the .pro files, rerun
qmake and then do a make clean; make

to invoke gdb, just type:

#gdb mythfrontend

You might want to try and run myth on a separate display so you can debug in
a ssh session on a separate terminal. If you do so, make sure you export the
DISPLAY variable so that myth can present the display on your TV or whatever
you are using.

when GDB is invoked with mythfrontend type 'run' to start things off.

gdb> run

when it segfaults, get the backtrace with the command bt 10 or bt 15 -
depending on how much you want to see.

gdb> bt 10

it is the backtrace you will want to post here.

regards,
Mark.