[mythtv] mythchannels DVB problem

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Wed Aug 27 19:11:35 EDT 2003

> got ot to work now. i read in some textfile that you dont need to run
> the mythsetup if there is no analog card, so there were some settings
> missing in the database and myth just crashed. now i got it up and

Ah ok! Yes, no need to run the setup for adding analog cards/sources etc,
but is still needed to walk through the general setup because some other
things are being setup there, like audio device, etc. Maybe the doc should
be a little bit more clear on that.

> running, but its a bit unstable. if mythchannels is dropped, is there an
> other way to use my dvb card with mythtv? i really like the idea of
> having a vdr like software for my budget card.

I know that there are people working for both purposes (stability/setup).
They can better answer this than me.