[mythtv] digital hook-ups

Stephen Schmidt groovatron11d4 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 12:15:01 EDT 2003

Hi all,

So, reading this forum has pretty much convinced me
that I need to build a mythTV box.  I do have one
concern though...  I have a DirecTV receiver with a
digital out and I haven't been able to find out
whether mythTV can record that signal (in dolby
digital 5.1?)

I have an old computer that should work for installing
everything, although I need to get a capture card.
The only other thing I need is a good sound card.  I'm
considering the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum since
it has a digital in and out.  Anyone get one to work
with Myth TV and Red Hat 9?

It would seem to me that if I have at digital in and
out, I should at least be able to watch live tv in
dolby digital but if anyone could shed some more light
on the subject, I'd appreciate it.

Oh yeah, I've never touched linux before but the geek
in me is aching to try to install it tonight... Anyone
want to talk me out of building a box before it's too
late?

Thanks,
Steve