[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 Install/Config

Adam Leach mythtv-dev at ask-adders.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 22:56:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 16:25, Thomas Lunde wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:14:20 +0100, Adam Leach
> <mythtv-dev at ask-adders.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 00:25, Ron Kellam wrote:
> >> I had this sort of problem a few weeks back.
> >>
> >> First, check /proc/interrupts - look at the interrupt count for the
> >>  ivtv related interrupt - from the sort of errors you're reporting
> >> (the
> >>  "EOS interrupt not received" message), it's probably 0......
> >
> > # cat /proc/interrupts
> >  11:      17112          XT-PIC  eth0, ohci1394, usb-uhci, usb-uhci,
> > ivtv: iTVC15/16 mpg2 encoder chip
>
> I had a similar problem with my PVR250 card until I rearranged the IRQ
> settings in my system's BIOS so that the ivtv card was the only thing
> on the interrupt.  You may want to consider moving it "up" an interrupt
> (say 3, 4, 5, or 7 depending on what else is in your system and if
> you're using the parallel & serial ports).
>
> thomas

Ok,  Thanks for everyones suggestions.

I've disabled a few things and the interrupts have changed and got the
following:
7:          0          XT-PIC  ivtv: iTVC15/16 mpg2 encoder chip

I am going to start from scratch and try compiling and installing
everything using the instructions in the FAQ.  If this doesn't work I'll
probably try installing Mandrake next weekend.

Is there a particular version that is recommended.

Adam